Sunday, October 31, 2010

Post 8: My Week

I will teach this week.

At first, I thought the best route would be to try something that is the complete opposite of what I would initially be inclined to do in front of the class. I could take advantage of this opportunity to try and be a completely different teacher than I am naturally and hopefully I would learn a few things while out of my comfort zone.

Although I still see some merit in that tactic, I think the more useful plan is to do the best I can get notes from the professor and peers of what to improve.

I'm spending a lot of time with the educational theorists we discussed in class and going though my lesson plan line by line, identifying the theoretic source of the practical teaching methods I have been taught or observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment