Sunday, November 7, 2010

Post 9: Teaching Noted

One major mistake I made in this teaching exercise was during a class discussion. I was doing a pretest to determine what the students understood as reasons for maintaining equipment and I did not record the responses I was collecting. I should have written the correct answers on the board. I did go back over the list with the students orally, but it would have been more clear if I had written it down.

I don't like it when teachers do this. I have a tendency to ignore the comments of my peers. (I find it obnoxious when students constantly raise their hands to tell stories. This is hypocritical because I often make comments or ask question in class, but I don't find it annoying when I do it.) If their comments are relevant to what I need to know, then I often miss it. I need the teacher to authenticate students' observations as valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment